Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Friday, September 29, 2006

Deep from the Bowels (of VGH)

Whew, well here I am...four days into six of high-dose chemo. It's going...I sleep a lot, go to the bathroom way too much (last night included a serendipitous commode incident), faint, pick at my food...all good times. The nurses here are really wonderful, as I had heard they would be, so I feel in very good hands.

Tuesday, October 3rd, has been scheduled as my "official" transplant day, when my stem cells will be put back in to do their magic. That is also known as "creamed corn day," as supposedly that's what I will smell like afterward (a sure fire way to help boost my waining appetite, I'm sure)

Ian is hanging in there, having just gobbled down a McMuffin-type sandwich this morning and is sleeping faithfully at my bedside every night. Now he is watching golf and doing a crossword. I think he fancies himself on some sort of holiday. An interesting choice of destination...