Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Good News and the Bad News

I am home! I was "released" yesterday afternoon after another significant rise in my counts. It was exactly three weeks to the date I was admitted. It is amazing how much stuff you accumulate in such a short time, plus I received so many goodies while I was there, it took Ian three trips to the car to clear out my room. You can imagine how wonderful it felt to inhale fresh air (although we went right to the parking lot, so it was more like exhaust.) Ian also ran into a pole with the wheelchair which was a bit traumatic.

Now for the bad news...since I have returned home, I have been unable to shake that horrible Mini Wheat commercial song (Mini Wheats Wheats Wheats...) from my head. The one that has the creepy pieces of cereal dancing around a "tropical villa." Mini Wheats don't wear sandals, and why are they wearing gloves if it's so bloody warm? Horrible piece of work that one. Anyway, Mini Wheats aside, it is wonderful to be home.