Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Button Therapy

Today I spent a wonderful afternoon in the art studio at Callanish making, of all things, buttons. Buttons with birds, cowboys, trees, even the odd swear word or two (shock, horror). I seem to be going through a self-righteous (but Tourette-like in its predictability) period of profanity use. See my gun-totin' cowboy below.


In other news, some of you have been asking about the writing group I am working with. We are half way through eight sessions, and I think it is safe to say that it is an incredible success. I continue to be inspired by the bravery, skill and unique voice of each participant. My flyer will give you a better idea of what we're doing if you're wondering what the hell I am talking about.


Lastly, we are off to Seattle on Saturday and have our actual appointment at Fred Hutchinson on Monday. Thank you to all for your emails of support and continued words of encouragement. They mean so fuckin' much to me. :)