Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Year In Pictures

As I said in my last post, my life has certainly not been "on hold" this past year. Sometimes I get the impression that people think that cancer renders you somewhat useless. Don't get me wrong, I can strike the feeble, poster-child pose when necessary, but I consider the last year to have been very rich with life, possibility, and, of course, the usual dorkiness. Everything has changed, yet nothing has changed, if you know what I mean.

Ian and I above Palm Springs, March, 2007.



Our daily poolside margarita and a lighter shade of pale, indeed!



Cruising "The Strip" in Palm Desert.



Wind turbines west of Palm Springs...notice the apropos song playing in the background.



With Lisa, my marathon partner extraordinaire, at our fundraising event, "Chocolat in the Cove," March.



Pasta Party the night before the Vancouver Marathon. Was this before or after we sobbed through "Learning to Fly?"



At the finish line, May 7th, 2007!



Ottawa 10K race a few weeks later...I have no eyes!



Ottawa finish line...wait, what's SHE doing in my picture?



Creepy radiation mask...I had to wear this thing bolted to a table.



Girls' weekend at Point Roberts after some wonderful news in June.



Same weekend...why was this picture taken?



Getting Josefine ready to say "Hell yeah!" in July.



My colleagues at the "Light the Night Walk" for Leukemia and Lymphoma, October.



Light the Night on the seawall...I ran into my hematologist, surprise, surprise.



This year I was able to attend; last year, I was having a stem cell transplant.



Seaplane to Pender Island for Ian's "belated" birthday, October.



Scary seaplane landing!



Poet's Cove on Pender.



Ian on the dock.



Me in the woods in Connecticut, November.



Gorgeous Japanese Maple outside my window in Connecticut (at a writing retreat).



The room at Wisdom House, CT, where I led my first writing group.



Oops, accidentally driving out of Connecticut and into New York City.



In search of the Brooklyn Bridge.



Driving beside, under, around, but not over, the Brooklyn Bridge.



34th birthday, December 24th, 2007