Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Giddy Up

We're off to Texas.

We thought we'd take a romantic excursion to a FEMA disaster site with my parents to receive cancer treatment.

Yeehaw!

Just kidding (sorry mom and B)...

After getting very little support medically in Vancouver since I came home, we decided last Thursday to finally head to MD Anderson in Houston (just hit by Hurricane Ike) to see if we can't get more innovative treatment ideas. Within about three hours, our appointment with Dr. Anas Younes (who is doing a lot of work in clinical trials for refractory Hodgkin's), flights and hotel were booked. We leave tomorrow.

My immense gratitude to all of you, at home, abroad, and on the web and boards, who continuously encourage me and extend such incredible offers of kindness. It is, as always, truly overwhelming. Know that each and every deed is received with my utmost gratitude and appreciation.

Tonight, we're all packed and feel ready to go because, to quote Dr. Phil (and I'm not quite sure why I can), "This ain't my first rodeo, son."