Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'll Take Alkaline Phosphatase for 1000 Please, Alex

So, it seems my feeling good lately was right on the money.

My latest blood work shows decreases in my LDH and alkaline phosphatase which, when high, can be indicators of disease activity. Both were quite elevated previous to my taking the Lomustine, but they have apparently fallen quite substantially.

Unfortunately, we also heard today that the protocol for SGN 35 has not yet been filed with Health Canada. Once the BCCA has the finalized protocol, activation takes 3-6 months. That means the SGN 35 trial will not open in BC earlier than March, perhaps later, which is frustrating, but we are encouraged by this latest response to the Lomustine (or, it could be all the cheezies I've been eating).

Here's hoping it/they continue to get medieval on the Hodgkin's until the start of the trial. I certainly will be.