Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Puppies and Rainbows

Well, as you can imagine, this weekend was rather intense (exploring dying and all), but also extremely fascinating and heart-felt. Still, despite feeling incredibly calm throughout, I found myself (not surprisingly) a little raw and agitated the next day when it was over.

Who knows what has been at work in my subconscious since then. I had a dream about Ian making too much salad dressing last night, but I can't quite figure out where this fits in the grand scheme of things...

Anyway, the best cure-all for human agitation? Why, puppies of course!


My aunt and uncle have a new litter of adorable Afghan puppies that are just five weeks old. We went out for a visit yesterday and played with these very cute, floppy little ones. As if that weren't "sunshine and lollipops" enough, we saw a rainbow on the way home.

You're right, Louis...what a wonderful world.