Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Sunday, May 24, 2009

At Long Last

...my first infusion of SGN-35! (and those are sunglasses not Mickey Mouse ears on my head).


All went well on Thursday. Fortunately, I didn't have any adverse reactions to the drug. I did, however, have a very nice nurse who made my first treatment at the Agency a pleasant experience (despite all my visits to the BCCA, I've never actually had chemo there).

Currently, I'm still very tired from the previous coughing and anemia; my heart rate goes postal if I over-exert myself (too bad about that laundry). Regardless, I am just so happy to finally be at this point and am full of hope.

If all goes according to plan, I will receive infusions of the SGN-35 every three weeks, and should have a PET scan 6-8 weeks from now.

I so appreciate all your messages of love and support, and roll out the welcome mat for more "peaceful, killing thoughts" sent to the tumour cells (thanks for that one, Martha!)