Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


I'm starting to feel like the girl who cried wolf...

The start of the trial has been bumped, again, to next Thursday the 21st. There is apparently still difficulty getting the drug to Canada.

To my knowledge, I will be the first person living in Canada to receive this drug, so it is not surprising that it is taking a while to get things sorted. Actually, I'm not unhappy to have another week to recover from the various procedures/events of the last month. I have literally put everything else on hold in order to focus on conserving my energy, recovering my stamina and making my diet even more nutritious than usual.

Today's menu included plain yogurt and stewed prunes for breakfast (I am not having another emergency enema, thank you very much), a chicken and veggie stirfry (thanks B) for lunch, a plate of raw veggies for a snack, loads of green tea and a Vega smoothie for another snack. Dinner, in the oven now, will be lemon sole, sauteed kale and steamed yams.

Of course, I am only telling you this to assuage my guilt over last week's chicken-nugget-Haagan Dazs-two-bags-of cheezies-in-a-day debacle.