Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thunderstuck

After more than seven and a half months of waiting, I will be having my first infusion of SGN-35 today at 3 pm. I sincerely hope there is not an electrical storm as, after all it has taken to get to this point, I am a little leery of being struck by lightening on my way to the clinic.

That said, when I think about what it would feel like six weeks from now to have a scan that shows the areas of disease in my body shrinking instead of growing, what it would be like to one day read the words "no evidence of disease," it makes me weep.

My intention and greatest hope is that this drug will be able to accomplish what has not yet been possible for me and others with refractory disease - remission.