Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Monday, June 29, 2009

Stir It Up

Aah, we're just sitting on the newly rebuilt patio of Caffe Capanna in Point Roberts enjoying lunch and lattes.

While Point Roberts itself is usually somewhere we come to get away from it all, sometimes it's nice to check in with "civilization" via fee wireless once in a while. I also wanted to write a quick post about my scan results.

While I don't have the full picture yet, I do know that things are at least stable. I wasn't able to connect with my doctor on Friday who, very courteously, phoned to discuss the results with me. However, I was on Bowen Island in Jan's gorgeous "Secret Garden" with many dear friends to write for the day. There was no way, results or not, that I was going to interrupt that.

So, for now, I just have an email to go by (as I'd forgotten to empty my voicemail box), but will be seeing the doctor on Thursday. I could phone to get more information but, quite frankly, I'd rather just enjoy the next few days unencumbered by the details and in a state of pure summer bliss.

Happy Hour has officially been reinstated. See you on the patio.