Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Round Four


Man, I just can't crack 100.

My blood work remains stable but I still haven't been able to push my hemoglobin into the triple digits. It's been holding steady at 97 though, so I'm not complaining. Well, actually I am, but just ignore me.

Tomorrow, I will have my fourth dose of SGN-35, the last cycle before I have my next PET scan on August 10th. As my CT scan after cycle 2 was "mixed," I am very interested to find out where the disease is at in terms of activity which is what the PET scan will measure.

Of course, I am very hopeful that the scan will, by now, indicate significant improvement. I can then continue on the trial which has, thus far, given me very few side effects.

While the wait for it was long, I'm so glad I've been able to finally have a go with this drug and experience feeling so much better. I have several friends out there who are anxiously waiting for access to SGN-35 and I want the show on the road pronto for them too.

Fingers crossed, guys.