Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Home Again

With Alberta behind us...


(and a brief stop in Vernon), we're back.

Now I'm off to bed as I have to be at the Cancer Agency early tomorrow morning for labs and my pre-treatment doctor's appointment. This is the second one in a row that I will be going to by myself as there has really been nothing to report lately. Last time, when I walked into the appointment and my doctor saw I was alone, she looked surprised and asked, "No entourage?"

We have always felt it important to "travel in a pack" so to speak, first, so that there is always another set of eyes and ears and, second, to provide back up/handle any issues that arise.

It has served us very well, especially at times when I have been catatonic from chemo or had some wing-nut practitioner (of which there have been many). However, as I'm currently feeling strong and quite myself, I'm going solo. I am also in the hands of a very competent trial nurse who, unlike the one I had in Montreal, isn't likely to kill or traumatize me.

On Friday I will have my seventh infusion of SGN-35 with entourage (just in case I have a reaction, which hasn't happened so far). This is the last dose before I have my next set of tests. A combined CT/PET scan on October 9th will determine whether I can continue on the trial.

I sure hope so.