Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Write On

So the last week has been filled with good things around here: sunshine, friends and family. Today was also the first session of the third writing series I am co-facilitating at the Callanish Society.  Here's my mom as a little girl on the flyer I made.


As always, I was moved to tears to sit in the company of these friends exploring the inner-most regions of the heart and am humbled to be part of this work. It has inspired me to develop a similar workshop on the North Shore which is set to begin in October.

On a less moving note, but "moving" nonetheless, look what's been going on in our backyard...(my toes)



We're not too upset that our old neighbors have moved and the house is being demolished. Last year they cut down a large tree in our yard while we were in Montreal trying to get through my last clinical trial. Is it evil to be happy they've moved on?

They probably don't care, but I'd like to think their old house being demolished is karma. But then what does that say about my past transgressions? Here's cancer, kid. You really f*ed up!