Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two Thumbs Up


I have the go-head to continue on the SGN-35 trial (insert sigh of relief here).

My initial PET/CT results showed, again, a slightly "mixed picture", but overall the impression was stable. I will have my 8th infusion tomorrow.

While we still have to wait for the more specific details of the CT, it is thought that any increases in disease activity are not significant enough to take me off the trial. If I have a 50% increase in the size of even one area, we have to move to plan B (more like plan J at this point) so we will be watching things very carefully.

While I was very relieved to get this news, it is still, obviously, difficult to jump for joy. Still, it's good enough. It almost seems as though the Hodgkin's is trying to decide what to do right now, whether to wait out the onslaught of the SGN-35 or take a hike. Hmm. Here are your boots, mother f*cker...now get lost.

Pardon the salt on that last cracker.

Now, back to me...

Today, (drum roll please), I also "officially" cracked 100 with my hemoglobin - finally. To quote the 80s band, The Parachute Club, (and I'm not sure why I can)...

Rise up, rise up
Oh rise and show your power
Rise up, rise up
Were dancing into the sun
Rise up, rise up
It's time for celebration
Rise up, rise up
Spirits time has come


Wow. Even I am dumbfounded by that sudden outburst of cheeziness.