Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Friday, November 06, 2009

Two Cents

Whew, I guess it's been a bit of a busy time lately.

I'm behind on virtually all forms of correspondence so, while it's rather rude on my part, it's usually a sign that I am feeling good and able to do the things I love.

This weekend, we're off to Whistler. Hopefully we won't choke on the stench of the upcoming Olympics. Not that I'm protesting, because protesting is a baaad word in Vancouver these days.

But who cares about civil liberties or a six billion dollar price tag? I like cuts to health care, education and social programs. I like seeing homeless people on the Downtown East Side, the poorest neighborhood in Canada, tough it out in the cold weather (oh wait, we have a forced-shelter bill to handle that).

Oh well, as long as the bobsledders are tucked into their beds at night in the billion dollar Olympic Village, I can rest easy.

What about you?