Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reported

It would seem that I really am impervious to drugs.

After taking Demerol last night for pain relief after my little port surgery, I seemed to perk up and was awake until 5 this morning.

I also woke up from the conscious-sedation I had during the tail-end of yesterday's procedure. There was a sheet tented over my face, so once I realized I was still on the operating table, I wearily asked, Um, am I supposed to be awake yet?

Fortunately, the sheet was quickly removed and I was reassured that they were wrapping things up. I couldn't feel anything, so I relaxed and noticed that the radio was on and blaring the 70s disco hit, "I Love the Nightlife."

I like to boogie, but this is getting ridiculous.