Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Monday, January 25, 2010

Worst Day of the Year?

Well, it's official.

Apparently, Monday, January 25th, has been designated as the most depressing day of 2010.

The formula for the day of misery for any fellow geeks out there is: 1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA, where W is weather, D is debt - minus the money (d) due on January's pay day - and T is the time since Christmas. Q is the period since the failure to quit a bad habit, M stands for general motivational levels and NA is the need to take action and do something about it.

I figure cancer and the loss of another friend this week gives me enough to worry or be sad about without lamenting the grey sky or beating myself up over my failure to quit eating cheezies. Instead, I spent a delicious morning listening to the rain outside my office (queen-sized bed with a laptop and Finnegan at my feet), reading, writing and catching up on news, blogs and email.

I have a million things running through my mind to write about, but think I will leave them for today in lieu of sharing this with you. It makes me smile and cry (in a good way).

(you'll want to pause the iPod to the right while viewing):



Miserable Monday, be damned. It's lovely over here.