Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Clothing Crisis

You've been there - bad hair, nothing to wear and a pressing engagement.

Such was my predicament on Tuesday.

Add to it my waning energy post-chemo.

Consequently, I made the rather bizarre decision to don my running gear. It does, after all, constitute an outfit of sorts.

Admittedly, I felt like a bit of a fraud sporting my Sauconys given that it's a challenge to even get up the stairs some days, but it did solve the problem of "getting ready."

The other irony was that once out the door, my runners snugly laced, I could not actually feel my feet.

I could feel the ground beneath them, but the neuropathy I currently have often gives me the weird sensation of feeling like my feet aren't actually attached to my body. It's difficult to explain.

Needless to say, I did not run in my running gear. I did however realize midway through the day that looking so sporty probably also made me look like an Olympic zealot.

Horror of horrors.

To make matters worse, my appetite being an issue as of late, I succumbed to a craving for a McDonald's milkshake on the way home.

I know, I know.

Just throw me in a bobsled and call me Judas.