Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Well, that was a hellish 10 days.

I finally feel like I'm coming out the other side.

Now that I know what to expect from the Bendamustine, we will hopefully be able to better mitigate some of the effects next time I have it.

The struggle over the last week and a half has been as much emotional as it has been physical. I have real difficulty accepting "impediments" to my mobility.

Rationally, ten days is not much in the "big" picture. However, when I don't know how big that picture is (and, really, none of us do), and something rather large threatens to make it smaller, I take the loss of those days being sick and tired as a personal affront.

I would like to find a way to be kinder and gentler to that part of myself that needs to rest. I'll let you know how that goes.

In the meantime, onward and upward.

Many of you will have already received an email from me about this, but if you haven't, below is information about a project we've been working on for some time.

Introducing...


I am currently building the website and, of course, would like to feature rescued and adopted pets, so please send along your photos if you have ever given a home to a furry (or feathered) friend.

Please include:

1. Pet's name (and yours if you are in the picture)

2. Month and year of adoption

Kindly send your photos to: info@projectblueblanket.org

Thanks, everyone. Please feel free to share this information.

I'll let you know when we officially launch!