Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Monday, February 08, 2010

Restroom Ergonomics

Shame on me.

I had the audacity to enjoy a patch of blue sky this weekend and now I'm paying for it.

After walking Finnegan at Ambleside, then deciding to clear the leaves around our front entrance (it was looking pretty ghetto), I am now as stiff as Stephen Harper.

My hamstrings are so tight and sore that (and I know this is way too much information), when I go to sit on the toilet, I have to first grip the seat then lower myself down to lessen the impact.

Good grief.

I am not sure if this stiffness and muscle pain are a result of the SGN-35 or its absence, or if my muscles are just so atrophied that any exertion is going to have this effect.

I should clarify, however, that I have not been inactive, as I think this gives some of my friends who can't see me the wrong idea.

In the last week, I have walked half the seawall twice, had sushi and wandered around English Bay with Tanis and Vanessa, co-facilitated a writing retreat day, gone to yoga, had dinner on two separate nights with two beautiful Jen's, in addition to that bit 'o gardening and foray to the dog park.

If anything, I am guilty of overdoing it at times, but, as many of you know, when you've got energy, it is delicious. I never want to let it go to waste.



Thanks, Neil, for sharing this reminder.

Gabrielle passed away on January 29th, 2010.