Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Feelin' Groovy

So, apparently, I have become one of those wackadoos who has lengthy and odd conversations with retail sales associates.

This past week, I have rebounded from the Bendamustine rather dramatically and have more energy than I've had in a very long time. Thus, I keep finding myself initiating conversations with virtually anyone who will listen, including the appliance salesman at Sears, the counter person at Orange Julius and a clerk at the Gap about the virtue of leggings.

I'm not quite sure if it is manic/hysterical energy or if this is just what feeling "normal" is like. Was I like this in the 'ol days before cancer?

The other night, when 2 am rolled around and I still wasn't asleep, I got out of bed, fired up my iPod and jumped on my mini tramp for half an hour listening to Enrique Iglesias.

Yes, I have Enrique on my iPod. Shame on me, I know.

My cough is also gone which is a major victory in itself.

Then, yesterday, the icing on the cake - we had the first session of our latest writing series at the Callanish Society, Callanish Writes IV.

I can't believe that we are beginning our third year of the program, and if yesterday's pieces from the writers are any indication of what is to come, then we may as well start publishing our collections weekly instead of at the end of the eight-week series.

Seriously, they were incredible, as always.


In April, I'll be taking the writing on the road, beginning a second series, this time on the North Shore, in conjunction with the Lynn Valley Literary Society.

I hope all this new-found energy continues to grow. Though, at this rate, I may drop dead from the sheer exhilaration of living.

Things are good.